Friday, January 29, 2010

We Say Goodbye to a Special Grandma...

Easter 2009 Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary Party July 2008 Ava's 1st Christmas 2007
Ava, Grandma Flo, & Toby December 2007
My Grandma Floretta was a very sweet lady and I have been close to her my whole life. I have many fond memories of her house growing up. She made a point of making her famous chocolate chip cookies every time I came to visit because she knew how much I loved to help her bake, even if she already had plenty of cookies in the freezer. She always made up a bed on her loveseat in the living room when I stayed even though she had a guestroom because she knew I loved to sleep there. My sisters and I played smurfs and got to go to the swimming pool when we'd stay with her which we thought was the greatest thing ever. We took many trips with Grandpa and Grandma to the A&W in Sheldon to eat broasted chicken. On summer afternoons, we'd walk down to the drive in to have coffee with Grandma's friends and she'd always buy me an ice cream cone. After Grandpa passed away and I was driving, I'd stop by and she always be there with a welcome smile. It wouldn't be long and she'd be grabbing her purse so we could go shopping or out to eat. I will miss our talks and trips to the local cafe together. Ava will probably not remember much of her which makes me sad, but I want her to remember how much she loved rocking her when she was a baby, and she always was able to get her to fall asleep. On January 14, 2010, God decided her time here with us on earth was over and called her home where she would no longer be in any pain. She will be missed more than I can say.

No comments: