Monday, April 18, 2011

Ava Cuts Her Own Hair!

Holding the chunk she cut out- you can see the piece missing in her bangs!
Yup-that's what she butchered!
This part used to be as long as her sides- now there are parts that are down to her scalp!
Let's just start my saying I recently purchased Ava a pair of child's scissors as she has never cut anything before and I thought she should have some clue before starting preschool this fall. Needless to say, she loves the scissors! We had a big talk about how they were only to be used on paper and not our clothes or hair. After all, how much damage can they do when they are "kids scissors"? Well, one afternoon I was doing some work stuff while Owen was sleeping. Ava was sitting on the couch with her babies being very quiet. I have my back to her typing an email when I hear her say, "I'm having a haircut right now." Yes, my heart sank as I could only imagine what I was going to turn around and see. I immediately noticed a chunk missing from her bangs, but she had a little pony tail in the front, so all of the damage was not immediately evident. I took her in the bathroom to pull out the rubber band, and that is when the big chunk of hair came out. I was scared, but decided it could be worse. At least she didn't cut one of her sides above her ear or something. She did manage to get it right down to the scalp in one spot. I think we will be wearing a lot of headbands as they cover up the "spiked" portion just above her bangs! She did promise me she would never have a haircut by herself again!

No comments: