Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Cookies at Grandma Chris's House...

Our Masterpieces!
Ava playing with the dough
Ava & Shelly
Ava sure enjoyed eating the cookies
Let the fun begin...
What the girls did when they were done "helping" : FRONT
Jumping Girls: BACK
Addison, Ava, & Grandma Chris (her 60th B-day)
My mother graciously offered to have the grandkids come over and make Christmas cookies at her house. I thought it was a fabulous idea although would never be ambitious enough to attack the project on my own. It was Mom's 60th Birthday, so it was great to come out and spend the day with her. The weather did end up being okay and my sister Shelly & I each made our hour and 15 minute drives to Grandma's. Shelly's kids were very much into rolling out the dough and cutting out cookies for at least a half an hour before tiring. Ava was scared to do anything with the cookie cutters. However, it did not take her long to figure out how to steal cookies off the counter to eat and that she did! She loved the cookies and kept asking for more. Soon, it became Shelly, Mom and I cutting and frosting the cookies which was fun and reminded us of doing this same thing when Shelly and I were kids. How time flies! It was a great time and we decided to make it an annual affair as the kids will only be more into it as they get older.

No comments: