Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Owen 7-8 Weeks & His Big Sister...

All Cozy in his warm PJ's
my two little munchkins
Posing for the camera
Owen 8 weeks
Just when I thought I was getting into a routine at home, I had to head back to work for a few days before the semester ended. I would be lying if I said I wasn't exhausted, but it has went okay. Luckily, we have had Hannah to come to our house to watch Ava and Owen, and when she wasn't available we had Grandma Joyce. I can't imagine getting them both out the door to daycare in the morning...I think I'd have to start at 3:00 am. Owen decided on 3 out of the 4 days I had to work that he was going to get up at 4:30-5 am so I didn't get to go back to sleep after that feeding. I made it, but glad Christmas break is here!
Owen has become more relaxed and mellow all the time. He is taking naps now that are fairly predicatable. He usually sleeps in the morning after feeding at around 6am until around 10am. He also takes a 3 hour nap in the afternoon and an evening nap that can last from an hour to two hours. Of course, then he's up until midnight! We have decided that we aren't going to do any more waking him up, especially in the evenings. He seems better if you just let him sleep when he wants to. He is still fussy around supper time, but I'm not complaining. He is a good baby. We had his TSH checked again and it was up to just over 9 (normal range is below 4.96 for his age). We will be heading back to the pediatric endocrinologist in January. Just when I thought I was getting a short break from the doctor :)

No comments: