Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ava's First Dentist Appointment..

Angela is explaining what she's going to do

Counting teeth

The dentist gets a peek
Ava had her very first trip to the dentist last week. She was very excited as I told her we were going to see a doctor for her teeth. We all know she loves to go to the doctor! My hygenist who I've had for years, Angela, has been bugging me to get Ava in for her first "fun visit" to the dentist for almost a year now. I decided it was time to get it done. Ava was pretty good, but not quite as good as she is at the doctor. She asked if I could go first when we got next to the chair, but I had just been to there a few days earlier. She did not like the chair in the reclined position and raised off the ground. She seemed scared that she was going to fall (her fear of heights I guess). They counted her teeth and put a fluoride treatment on them. They would have polished her teeth, but she was done with having people look in her mouth, so they opted out of that to keep the appointment fun. The dentist said her teeth looked great with no major issues. She got a new princess toothbrush and toothpaste which she was thrilled about. Hopefully, next time we'll be able to get the polishing done. Hard to believe we are going to the dentist already!

No comments: