Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Surgery Update...

I wasn't going to mention anything on the blog about my surgery, but this is my kids' scrapbook and I'm sure Ava will remember something about it. I recently had my thyroid removed due to a suspicious nodule on the right side of the gland. Turned out that is was cancer. While no one likes to hear the "C" word, it really has been okay. It was Stage I so no further treatment was necessary after the total thyroidectomy. While I had not invisioned by first overnight stay away from Owen as a night in the hospital following surgery, it went very well. Recovery was not bad at all, and my incision is healing very well. Grandma Joyce was kind enough to come and stay for a few days to take care of the kids while I was gone and the first day back at home. Ava had fun with Grandma, but was extremely curious about my "ouwie". She asked to touch my bandage almost every day and kept asking if it was better yet. Now that the bandage is off, she asks me if it still hurts periodically. Honestly, I barely know it's there and it's just been over 2 weeks. I am certainly counting my blessings. It could have been much worse!

No comments: