Thursday, June 30, 2011

Black Hills Trip: Keystone

Up the Hill: Ava and I on the tram

Down the Hill: Riding down the slide
Another picnic...
I had the bright idea of riding the tram in Keystone to the top of the hill where there is a restaurant to eat. I thought it would be a great view and fun thing to do for lunch. However, that was until we got close to the tram and saw there was no seatbelts and surprisingly very little holding a person in the car. Brad and I decided Owen wasn't going in that, so just Ava and I went up. I'm not sure what I was thinking as I'm afraid of heights. I have been on the tram there before, but it was much more scary when you are worrying about the safety of your child. I had one clenched hand on Ava's shoulder and the other on her arm. She wasn't scared at all and was talking about the trees all the way up the hill (which seemed like an eternity to me). Our flip flops were dangling in the air and I kept thinking the whole time that we were going to loose our shoes! Rather than endure the agony on the way down, I talked Ava into taking the slide down the hill which seemed like a safer option to me although not sure if that was the case after signing the liability waiver :). I could control the speed of the little car that we rode in (aka "extremely slow") and we journeyed our way back down. Ava loved it all and wanted to go again when we got to the bottom.

No comments: